Sunday, May 8, 2022

Hawaii - The Trip There and the Days Before the Wedding




Thursday April 21 Wedding T-3


Boy it’s been a long time since I’ve done a flight like that. 9 hours. Plus we had a 2 hour delay. We made it though! It was such a long day. The little boys would get restless so one of us would take them for a walk, up and down the isle of the airplane. Lee and I were in Comfort+ so we had a little legroom. They had a hard time sleeping on the plane, until about an hour before we landed. None of the rest of us slept much either.


By the time we got to the Airbnb it was 8 pm here, and the middle of the night in Minnesota. We were mostly in bed by 9-9:30, but of course we started waking up by 3. The little boys were up by 5. We all had oatmeal, some of us had coffee too. Then I went for a run.


I thought I would only run for 30 minutes to an hour, but it was actually very nice out, about 72F and humid, but very breezy, which made it cooler. I ended up going a little over 5 miles, first up the road toward the mountain until it dead ended, and then down along the ocean.




Came back to the house and the boys were playing in the pool and Sarah and Kris went to the grocery store. And it’s only 8:30! 


Friday April 22 Wedding T-2





Yesterday we mostly hung out. Napped, swam, ate, repeat. The boys are tired and confused, but Kirby passed out in front of the TV and we just let him stay there for a good 2 hour nap. Leo tried but he couldn’t fall asleep. Around 3:30 it was time to go over the the hotel to do the wedding rehearsal. This is the first time I’d seen the hotel. It’s beautiful! The coordinator was very organized, walked us through everything we needed to know, lined us up. Then we practiced. First Lee and I, then the groomsmen, and Daniel, then the bridesmaids, then Kirby and Leo, then the flower girl and then Kelsey and her parents. It’s a 50-50 shot whether the boys will make it down the aisle without an adult. We’ll see! They’ll be adorable whatever happens.





We practiced twice and then went back to the house. Suzanne and Kris were making tacos and Daniel and Kelsey came over as well. We had a nice evening sitting out on the patio, eating and talking. By 8 Dan and Kelsey had left and we went to bed.


I slept better but I still started waking up at 2, then 3, then 4, and finally got up at 5. I had some coffee then then went for a run. Just 4 miles, and I felt I was dragging. I’m 13% heat adapted according to my watch anyway!


At 10 Sarah and I had appointments for mani-pedis with Kelsey, 2 of her bridesmaids, and Kelsey’s mom. I got light pink on my fingers and an opalescent light purple on my toes. They both look very nice! If I can keep my fingers from chipping before the wedding it will be a miracle, however.


Then we met Lee, Erik and the boys at Ono seafood. Kirby was asleep in Erik’s arms and looked sweaty and tired. They had spent the morning at the beach.




 We got a variety of poke bowls. Then Mark, Mary, Blake and Joanne showed up! Afterwards the boys got this bright purple sorbet with sprinkles from a nearby stand. It was the most garish ice cream I’ve ever seen! Kirby made a huge mess, of course and declared it “yucky”. Poor guys. 


Daniel had remembered a shave ice stand down the street, so Mark, Blake and I walked down there. I got Daniel’s recomendation, the Obama rainbow with condensed milk on top. I immediately got the worst brain freeze! It was painful but the shave ice was yummy, and I ate it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...