Monday, May 14, 2018

New Location, New Life



This was written two weeks ago on May 1st, right as we were moving into this house:

Yesterday was busy. The movers came, unloaded, were gone by 2 pm. Lee met them at the house at 8 am. I stayed behind, ran, took care of the dogs. I drove to Eden Prarie first to get some cash. Bank of America is not that prevalent in Minnesota, but we only need an atm occasionally so we’re going to stick with it. It’s such a hassle to change banks because of electronic bill pay.

When I get to the house we have to figure out a way to restrict the dogs since they are not yet familiar with the house and don't yet know what is Inside and what is OUT. I tie them up on the deck, but then Lee blocks off the stairs and they can be relatively free out there. But their people are inside so that’s where they want to be. Sad little faces stare into the house through the screen door. They can’t come inside until the movers finally locate the puppy pen. 

I get lunch for everyone at a cafe up in town. The sandwiches are very good. Afterwards I take the dogs for a long walk. Going through our subdivision I discover that there are a lot of dogs in the neighborhood, all with invisible fences. We have no intention of getting an electronic fence for a rental, so hopefully the association won’t mind us putting up some temporary fencing so the dogs can go potty without always having to go out on a leash. There is supposed to be a very good dog park in Victoria, a small town about 5 miles away so we’ll check that out too.

I find the access to the trail along the lake. I’m excited about this trail, I think it goes all around this huge lake, maybe 10 miles total. It will be a great place to do my long runs this summer. (I later find that it doesn't go all the way around but there are ways to do it anyway).

Then I start to tackle unpacking the kitchen. I make some progress, and a little bit of organization emerges from the chaos. I finally do a little laundry too. The rental came with a washer and dryer so ours are stored away. The laundry room is small but it is right next to the master bedroom so that’s great.


We are pretty tired by the end of the day. We go back to the RV, clean up a little and head to the nearby town of Chaska for dinner at an Indian restaurant. It’s in a strip mall, next to a Culver’s, and very good!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to your new temporary lodging! Michael was asking me where you were if not in Minneapolis proper! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are kind of out in the boonies, west of Minny. Waconia is a really nice town! Right now we are about 35 minutes from Sarah and Erik, farther than we would like, but the house we are building will only be about 20 minutes away.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...