Monday, March 12, 2018

Joanne Visits and Other Florida Things - End of February 2018



On Tuesday Joanne came to visit for the week. Heather was harassing her with her ball so I took the ball away from her. First Heather sat there and stared at it. Now she’s lying down next to it, depressed. She’s hilarious but a pest.

On Wednesday Lee and I went for a bike ride, 8 miles on the causeway and back. The headwind on the way out was incredible. We averaged 9 mph on the way out, and up to 17 mph on the way back. Hard work!

We took Joanne to a restaurant on St Pete Beach for lunch. Blue sky, aquamarine water, dolphins in the canal, margaritas and grouper sandwiches. We sat outside on the back deck at Sea Critters. It was comfortable in spite of the record breaking heat, 88F today. And to think last year when Joanne came we were wearing coats!




On Thursday we went to Parts of Paris for dinner. Sat were able to sit on their front porch. It was neither too hot or too cold. Everything was delicious. My cucumber basil martini was cool, with a bit of a bite. My duck confit was amazing, I gnawed on the little bones, and then ate some of Lee’s fries dipped into bĂ©arnaise sauce. 

On Saturday I run 14 miles in the am, 10 of them at marathon pace. I buckle down and focus on my pace after a couple of miles. I get it down to 12:40 mpm and keep it there for the entire 10 miles. I was tired tired the rest of the day but I can do this, and do better I think.

After I decide to try the Belgian waffles at the little coffee shop around the corner. They are ok but not great, too sweet. Their coffee is excellent though. I love the coffee ice cubes in their iced coffee!

Then on Sunday I run another 6 miles, at an easy pace. It’s hard because I’m still tired, but that’s the idea. We spend the rest of the day being lazy, enjoying the sunshine and slightly cooler temps.

On Monday we take Joanne to St Pete, first to the Central St Bodega for lunch. The line is crazy, just like last year, but their sandwiches are amazing. Joanne and I get the pork and beef burgers that have shoe string potatoes and avocado on them. Lee gets a pollo (chicken) sandwich that is served on pita bread with a curry sauce. Mexican cokes too. Their food is goooood.

Then we go to the Morean Arts Center to see the Chihuly Exhibit. It’s a permanent collection so you can go see it any time, so beautiful, mesmerizing. We watched part of the video about how he makes his art and it looks really really hard to make those colors and shapes. It takes a team, a lot of people. I’m so glad Joanne suggested this activity! I’d like to go back sometime and go watch the glass blowing demonstrations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...