Monday, May 7, 2012

April 30th London

Sun! We head to Westminster abbey first. My oh my, I feel like my Art History class from freshman year just came to life right before my eyes. We take the free audio tour and wander through the naves, niches, graves and memorials that fill the interior of the abbey. The Abbey is of course in a very touristy area of London. most of the time things like this don't bother me, after all, I AM a tourist! But when it comes to finding good stuff to eat I am more particular. We decide we have to try fish and chips at least once on this vacation. UGH! Well at least we got that out of the way. Walk through St.. James park to Buckingham Palace, with the Christopher Robin poem repeating itself in my head.

"They're changing the guard at Buckingham Palace
Christopher Robin went down with Alice
Alice is marrying one of the guards,
A soldier's life is terribly hard,
Says Alice."

We can't find the historic 15h bus, and after wandering all around the Abbey we finally decide that the guidebk lied. Back to apt, then early seafood dinner at J. Shecky's, another excellent meal. Then its time to see some London Theatre. We have opted for One Man Two Govnurs, a slapstick piece of British humor based on comedia del arte, and although this sort of humor is not really my cup of tea, haha, I end up laughing in spite of myself, and not always at the same time as the rest of the audience. I'm glad our English friends suggested it cause we would have never seen it otherwise, and now that it's been nominated for something like 9 Tonies I can say I saw it when, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...