Saturday, April 4, 2009

Springtime in Austin



I’m taking a page from one of my best friends in the whole world and also one of my favorite bloggers, Gail. Gail’s blog entries often consist of pictures and few words. Her pictures of the flowers, plants and animals in her garden are exquisite. The pictures tell a story and the words are only needed to guide us a bit along the garden path.



Well spring is just exploding in Austin. This is the BEST time of the year in Texas! In Missouri I always liked October the best (Hong Kong was February, right after Chinese New Year when the skies were clear and it was actually cool outside!) but in Texas its April for sure. For the last couple of weeks I’ve been taking pictures of the wildflowers and blooming trees and scrubs. There is nothing in the WORLD like Texas wildflowers! The bluebonnets are carpeting the fields and highways with the most intense blue you can possibly imagine. This morning on the way to the house people were stopped all over The Capital of Texas Highway. They had their babies and children plopped in the middle of the bluebonnets while they snapped away and the babies beamed. Somewhere there is a picture of Nicole and Cody when they were little smiling among the Texas flowers. What nice memories!

Enjoy these pictures friends. Springtime in Austin….














For more springtime in Austin pictures go to my Flickr website: http://www.flickr.com/photos/momwizard/sets/72157616355846548/









2 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely lovely. I haven't seen a real spring in soooooo long. Even Miami didn't have a real spring with spring flowers. Loved the season is photos here...........Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the photos, I love the wildflowers, I love Austin and more importantly I love you! xxGail

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...